- Recent Williams Lab Publication in the journal Developmental Biology
- Cis-regulatory evolution integrated the Bric-à-brac transcription factors into a novel fruit fly gene regulatory network
- Using Drosophila pigmentation traits to study the mechanisms of cis-regulatory evolution
- Drosophilaphilia #2: Silencing silencers to evolve new patterns
- Collaborators publish a study showing how evolutionary changes in a transcriptional silencer shaped the repeated evolution of a fruit fly trait. Might be a first description of a pervasive mechanism of evolutionary change!