- New Collaborative Publication!
- Yang Liu, Mark Rebeiz, and company published a paper in Current Biology detailing the genetic events responsible for the evolution of a fruit fly color trait. Spoiler, lots of cis-regulatory evolution involved.
- Recent Williams Lab Publication in the journal Developmental Biology
- Cis-regulatory evolution integrated the Bric-à-brac transcription factors into a novel fruit fly gene regulatory network
- Using Drosophila pigmentation traits to study the mechanisms of cis-regulatory evolution
Monthly Archives: July 2015
Drosophilaphilia #2: Silencing silencers to evolve new patterns. Nice thoughtful overview on my collaborator’s new publication!
Collaborators publish a study showing how evolutionary changes in a transcriptional silencer shaped the repeated evolution of a fruit fly trait. Might be a first description of a pervasive mechanism of evolutionary change!
Genetic Changes to a Transcriptional Silencer Element Confers Phenotypic Diversity within and between Drosophila Species Winslow C. Johnson , Alison J. Ordway , Masayoshi Watada, Jonathan N. Pruitt, Thomas M. Williams, Mark Rebeiz Author Summary One of the greatest challenges … Continue reading