- DrosoPhyla: Resources for Drosophilid Phylogeny and Systematics
- Widespread cis– and trans-regulatory evolution underlies the origin, diversification, and loss of a sexually dimorphic fruit fly pigmentation trait
- New Collaborative Publication!
- Yang Liu, Mark Rebeiz, and company published a paper in Current Biology detailing the genetic events responsible for the evolution of a fruit fly color trait. Spoiler, lots of cis-regulatory evolution involved.
- Recent Williams Lab Publication in the journal Developmental Biology
Monthly Archives: May 2018
Cis-regulatory evolution integrated the Bric-à-brac transcription factors into a novel fruit fly gene regulatory network
Maxwell J Roeske, Eric M Camino, Sumant Grover, Mark Rebeiz, Thomas Michael Williams Cite as: eLife 2018;7:e32273 doi: 10.7554/eLife.32273 Abstract Gene expression evolution through gene regulatory network (GRN) changes has gained appreciation as a driver of morphological evolution. However, understanding … Continue reading