- Yang Liu, Mark Rebeiz, and company published a paper in Current Biology detailing the genetic events responsible for the evolution of a fruit fly color trait. Spoiler, lots of cis-regulatory evolution involved.
- Recent Williams Lab Publication in the journal Developmental Biology
- Cis-regulatory evolution integrated the Bric-à-brac transcription factors into a novel fruit fly gene regulatory network
- Using Drosophila pigmentation traits to study the mechanisms of cis-regulatory evolution
- Drosophilaphilia #2: Silencing silencers to evolve new patterns
Monthly Archives: October 2016
One primary agenda of the developmental evolution field is to elucidate molecular mechanisms governing differences in animal form. While mounting evidence has established an important role for mutations in transcription controlling cis-regulatory elements (CREs), the underlying mechanisms that translate these … Continue reading