- Yang Liu, Mark Rebeiz, and company published a paper in Current Biology detailing the genetic events responsible for the evolution of a fruit fly color trait. Spoiler, lots of cis-regulatory evolution involved.
- Recent Williams Lab Publication in the journal Developmental Biology
- Cis-regulatory evolution integrated the Bric-à-brac transcription factors into a novel fruit fly gene regulatory network
- Using Drosophila pigmentation traits to study the mechanisms of cis-regulatory evolution
- Drosophilaphilia #2: Silencing silencers to evolve new patterns
Monthly Archives: June 2019
Dev Biol. 2018 Sep 1;441(1):159-175. doi: 10.1016/j.ydbio.2018.07.001. Epub 2018 Jul 4. Augmentation of a wound response element accompanies the origin of a Hox-regulated Drosophila abdominal pigmentation trait. Grover S1, Williams ME1, Kaiser R1, Hughes JT1, Gresham L1, Rebeiz M2, Williams … Continue reading