- Yang Liu, Mark Rebeiz, and company published a paper in Current Biology detailing the genetic events responsible for the evolution of a fruit fly color trait. Spoiler, lots of cis-regulatory evolution involved.
- Recent Williams Lab Publication in the journal Developmental Biology
- Cis-regulatory evolution integrated the Bric-à-brac transcription factors into a novel fruit fly gene regulatory network
- Using Drosophila pigmentation traits to study the mechanisms of cis-regulatory evolution
- Drosophilaphilia #2: Silencing silencers to evolve new patterns
Author Archives: williatv
Tom Williams will tell the the Pub Science community about “Beyond the Birds and the Bees: Molecular Insights About the Making and Evolution of Fruit Fly Sexually Dimorphic Traits” on Tuesday September 9th. The presentation will begin at 7 PM … Continue reading